One of the many
pleasure boats which call Pentwater their home port makes the turn into
the channel around the
South Pierhead Light. This light was erected in 1937 to replace the old
wooden tower. Originally supporting a
300 mm acetylene powered lens with the acetylene supplied from tanks
stored in the "room" near the tower base.
photograph by Terry Pepper, June 2004